PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Would you abort after V1?
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2008, 02:08
galaxy flyer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
SSG

I'll believe your idea about aborting after V1, IF you compute a refusal speed for each take-off, ensure it is less than or equal to maximum brake energy speed under the conditions. AND brief your crew as to your intentions, the conditions justifying an abort at the speed range between V! and Vr, assuming Vr is less than refusal speed. And inform your crew and passengers on this take-off "I have deemed the engineering data by Cessna (insert manufacturer here) to be inappropriate and will do as I deem right." Otherwise, you are just guessing your way through a dynamic physics problem by the seat of your pants.

Opinion now, your juvenile, insecure, supercilious posts are invariably written so that you can, in your own mind, belittle, denigrate professional pilots whose actions and methods have been proven over millions of flight hours and the huge efforts of experienced engineers by enterprises who are singular in their fields. These businesses, along with airlines, absolutely must, under pain of being swept aside in an accident, operate their equipment in a responsible way. Every day!!

OR they should just step aside and let you train them!