PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyGlobespan -7
Thread: FlyGlobespan -7
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2008, 20:45
Jimmy Riddle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Try a search chickenstrips!

A post by me 16th May on terms & endearment

Maybe I'll stop kicking when the company I work for & those responsible for running it treat those who work for them with a great deal more respect.
How's your roster....is it 6 on 4 off....5 on 3 off as we were promised last year.....mine isn't....got 5 on 2 0ff then 6 on 2 off...minimum I call it.
When was the last time you had a nice word from crewing? When did you last check out and not have changes? They scr*w the programme around take on ACMI work then run us ragged cos they've got the numbers wrong. And if we think we've got it bad, talk to the boys and girls in the back.
Promotions have been promised then the company takes on D/E Captains instead of promoting our own guys.....a number of F/O's,some very senior have interviews and just about every Captain at Edinburgh have CV's out awaiting interviews.
EDI crews are talking quite seriously about working to rule or all camping out at Colinton till things improve.
Now either you are on a different fleet or a different planet,either way you aren't 'on message' with the people I work with.
When when things do really start to change for the better,I'll hang my pprune goggles on the bedstead but based on the show so far that's some way away.

So,in a nutshell.......in case you missed that......all we want (and all Hogg probably wanted before he left) is to have serviceable aeroplanes where they are supposed to be and properly approved for the areas intended,with properly rested,adequately paid crews,local recruitment and promotions from within.
Is that really too much to ask from an airline which had such high hopes and worldwide plans?