PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Would you abort after V1?
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2008, 19:21
Ashling

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SSG. So you take people up in the REAL world and do V1 cuts. Gosh your hard I'm just so impressed. I used to fail peoples only engine after take off. Guess that makes me harder. (sarcasim guys. I don't think I'm hard)

No planes do not always fly after V1. My view on that is made quite clear in the post to which you refer. There is even an example of such an occurance for you. However in the vast majority of failure situations they will quite happily fly if the crew apply their training.

I clearly stated in my earlier post that if your failure goes outside what you briefed then you can act as you see fit to deal with the situation. Do try to read there's a good chap.

So if both my thrust reversers deploy above V1 (an unbelieably unlikely event) I stop. If I'm airborne I try to put it down were I can after probably shutting down both engines. If a truck/plane crosses the runway ahead of me I make a judgement of whether to get airborne over it, stop on what is left before I hit it and if I can't stop before go onto the grass as slow as I can.