PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyGlobespan -7
Thread: FlyGlobespan -7
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2008, 19:15
Hogg

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Delays

In fairness alot of the delays were due to commercial tight schedules mostly put in place without discussion with BMC and didnt ever take into account conditions like busy us airspace,average winds, catering/cleaning delays, slot restrictions at a lower level coz we were full mtow especially on the Capetown which we all loved doing. Had the best Patricks day celebration when i skippered CPT 17 March 07.(Quay 4) remember Gunship?
Was even wished and also wished Kano radio a HPDay as hes the patron saint for Nigeria also!

The worst delay ive seen on 1 day was yet another one of my flights when after having a thorough Caa ops/Engineering/Loading Ramp Check we then had a baggage loader wreck the forward cargo door bulkhead pressure seal. Took a few hours locating one,and then departed with 244 paxs drinks were on Colinton House! Also remember various other delays nowt to do with me.

Not saying there wasnt a delay due to Aircraft rotation because of other factors but I can say theres a good (mainly) bunch of Crew in all departments in addition to dedicated Ccrew/Pilots.

The troops are trying........................so I hear!

Guys/Girls Can we please keep the registration passing/spotting out of the thread for the last time.