PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 5
Thread: MANCHESTER - 5
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2008, 23:21
Tower1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just returned from a two week trip, used T1. After all the negative reports about T1, was somewhat surprised at the speed which we checked in and cleared security, 10 Minutes on a Sunday lunch time.

A lot of comment has been made about T1 becoming a shopping arcade, but are we looking at all this from a male prospective, (I write as one who detest shopping). The ladies may appreciate it, and Amsterdam Airport is renowned for its shops and duty free area which creates a lot of revenue, and a continual source of revenue is what Manchester Airport requires.

Question for FLY ZB or any one else in the know at the airport, on trying to have a meal at the airport,one of the restaurants quoted 30 minutes before we could be seated, not very good when your restricted on the amount of free time you have, and the second one had a lot of food uncovered, and was being touched numerous times by children, as well as staff without any gloves on their hands.
Question 1 - are their any plans for more restaurants especially now that the dear old Lancaster has disappeared .
Question 2 - who is responsible for food hygiene regulations, the airport or
the franchisee.

MUFC. As a supporter of another well known club in the city I wish you well for the 21 May. I think that you said you were going to the match, just out of interest which route are you taking.

Regards
Tower