PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - flyglobespan former cabin crew manager deputy head of training !
Old 18th May 2008, 19:36
Afinehelmet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr Riddle,

I got two changes yesterday to my roster. One change meant I was going into work two hours later than planned, the other meant I was going in at the same time, just operating a differant set of sectors. I don't really see the problem in that. I received plenty of warning, and other than getting an extra two hours in bed (happy days), I'm struggling to agree with your point here???? And no, I'm not MME based, I'm a little further north than that. And on the 737 fleet!!

A certain Mr O'Leary of Ryanair fame is opening up a base in edi later this year. Why not give him a call. He'll be happy for you to pay for your own uniform, medical, tea, coffee, crew food and car parking. Then out of the goodnees of his heart, he'll remove nine of your annual leave days to "create" the famous five on four off Ryanair pilots currently "enjoy" leaving you with thirteen days annual leave to be taken at the company's discretion. And you'll only be paid as and when an aircraft moves and you happen to be moving it!! There's no hourly rate there for sitting in a taxi!

There's a couple of hundred pilots in GSM at the minute and as far as I can see you appear to be the only one whining on pprune at the minute. As I said earlier, give the new senior management team a chance. Things do seem to be improving (as I can see so far).

The only real issue I have with the company is the pay. For FO's it's a decent enough deal but for the Capts, there's quite a few better offers out there. But you haven't complained about the pay yet? Moan about that and I'll agree with you!!