PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Would you abort after V1?
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2008, 19:09
ssg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alright I give up..

Ok, I admit, I've been school, educated, so this is what I am going to do..

From now on if I can get away with it, all my take offs will be derated, I want to burn up as much runway as possible to get off the ground, because that will save my engines..

Not withstanding the horror in my boss and his wife's eyes as I slowly burn up 8000 ft to rotate off of a 9000 ft field, they get to enjoy flying right over the fence, buzzing the houses and mowing the trees with my landing gear on every climbout..ahh nothing like seeing the license plates of cars on take off as fly over someone's driveway...

uh oh....

But we have a problem on this flight...you see when I hit V1, I hit a flock of birds, a puddle of water, bad fuel, ect is starting to flame out my #1 engine, the other one I am not sure...no fire lights...

But I continue because I have the 'go mentality' confident I can bring up the remaining good engine, but it's just not coming up......but the fence is...so I horse it off the ground, and with my last good engine sputtering away, I try to pull up and miss the pre school I am about to hit, the shaker activates...

That's when I look back at the boss and his wife and say..

'I am really sorry, but I tried to save you some money on engine overhauls...this is how the airline guys do it'

'Feel Better?"

I am comforted by the calm, serene look of acceptance in thier eyes knowing that as we fly to the fiery crash, I flew like an airline pilot....