PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - It's official.Flight training to be HECS as of may 08
Old 18th May 2008, 09:21
flyboy_33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I still want to be a pilot. After 13 years of training and saving and training abit more and thowing in the towel a couple of times cause I just can't get there and now back to being so close to finally finishing something I started as a 14 year old kid.

Breath now.

If a Fees-Help type set up was available to me when I started I would have jumped at the chance. Strueth I was working at a bakery cleaning dishes at 5 in the morning just to fly once a month (the time it took me to save for a one hour lesson). And so I say that if some other young guy or girl is out there that can have a decent shot at getting into aviation then let it be.

What I would like to say though is I agree with the last couple of replies. There should be put into place a definitive route to the airlines and a seperate route to G/A so that people don't waste employers time and money getting and training people to then have them leave the second they have the required hours to make the next step. I have been around long enough to see that there a two completely different skill sets that are required to do these different sectors.

For the record I have no desire to head towards the airlines. my ultimate goal would be to head for the RFDS and now I am close to finishing step 1. Albeit ten years behind where I would like to have been but still having the passion and dream to eventually make it.

Kind regards and safe skies to all