PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAS pilot strike
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2008, 08:25
Ramrise

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Facts

Killersuricate is correct.

The ex Lin guys accepted a deal in 1993 that reduced their Linjeflyg seniority by 5 years. They were then placed on Kombilisten with their "new" seniority.

In return for taking a five year seniority hit they were given a lifetime contract. In other words(as I inderstand it), they cannot be terminated, or if they are due to redundancy, SAS will have to meet pay and pension obligations for these guys until they reach age 60. Where else, but in scandinavia can you find such a setup? I work for SAS but I dont have a lifetime contract, I really would like a lifetime contract though.

Now, ever since 1993 the ex Lin guys, the Pilotforbundet pilots as well, have worked according to the rules in the grønne bog. THIS MEANS THAT EVERYBODY HAS BEEN TREATED THE SAME!!!! And think about it, Cap10lobo, Pilotforbundet wanted to strike to get their own contract. That means that they didnt have their own and that they were being treated the same as everybody else. So, there were no discrimination built into the grønne bog, their position today is solely determined by their kombiliste seniority.

Which brings us to the root problem. They got a good deal, now they want more. At the expense of the rest of us. We will not allow the hijacking of our Longhaul segment by a minority group. It will never happen.

If they really, really want to start this fight we will bring the combined strength of DPF, NSF and SPF down on these guys so hard and so fast that it will be over before you can say "Pilotforbundet".

All that I ask is that people accept and honor the deals they WILLINGLY entered into. I have absolutely no problems working with any ex Lin guy as long as he/she accepts the fact that Pfor represents SAS pilots when it comes to negotiations with the company. As a matter of fact, I have flown with many ex Lin people during my first years with the company, and guess what! We never had any problems.

One last thing, the majority of ex Lin pilots I believe, are members of SPF. Pilotforbundet is sustained by a hardcore group of dedicated, yet misguided and narrowminded people. I think that this situation came about because of 25 to 30 people and their ability to set the agenda.

Regards,

Ramrise