PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Safety together
Thread: Safety together
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2008, 09:55
HEATHROW DIRECTOR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<<That is the reasoning I write as disambiguously as possible.>>

Slo Moe.. "Disambiguous" does not appear in any dictionary I can find. I think perhaps you mean "unambiguously"??!!

With every respect, you are obviously not a native English speaker and I therefore wonder which country you hail from? Perhaps one where aviation is not so advanced as in western Europe, USA, etc? Most of your lengthy postings could be reduced to a few words too.. The diagram above conveys absolutely nothing to me me as a licenced controller so what is it intended to convey, please.

Having served as a controller both abroad and in the UK most of my life I'm fairly satisfied that UK safety awareness is more than adequate. The controllers are well trained and there are a number of programmes for reporting problems which might involve safety. Controllers have regular sessions on simulators during which emergency situations are examined and they see films and involve in discussions on the exercises they have practiced.

You have said "Some of our systems, attitudes, procedures, mindsets need to change.", or similar, in a number of threads on Pprune but nowhere (that I have seen) have you suggested how they might be changed. In any event, do you really believe that an individual can change something which has been built up by top professionals in a different country over a very long period? I seriously doubt it.

Tell us where you are from, where you work and details of your experience in these matters otherwise it is not worth responding.