PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAM Cabin Crew (QF Short Haul) Recruitment
Old 17th May 2008, 07:58
Libra89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MAM Cabin Crew (QF Short Haul) Recruitment

G'day Everyone,

Firstly, the only reason I started up this new thread for MAM Cabin Crew hopefuls was because I had checked out all the OPEN forums and found nothing of the sort for MAM hopefuls.......et voila! Welcome All!

Since MAM have begun a new recruitment drive for CC based in PERTH, SYDNEY and MELBOURNE, it kind of is appropriate to a have a forum created too.

I lodged an application on the MAM website (http://www.bfound.net/login.aspx?CoId=1419 - for direct access re: info on the role and the actual application) last week and managed to get an invite to a recruitment day for the SYD base late next week. If your online application is successful, you will receive an invitation via email to a recuritment day, which contains a unique code you have to put in when registering/booking in your place for that particular recruitment day (if you don't, you aren't eligible to attend the MAM Recruitment Day).

I'm booked in for Friday 23rd May but they also have availability for Wednesday 21st and Thursday 22nd May; Perth only 17th May (today) & Melbourne from the 28th - 30th May.

I'm already in the process for Virgin Blue CC, made it to the Medical and have been informed that I'm booked in for Ground School Training, but I thought I'd give MAM a shot, since its QF you'll be flying with (not working for) - a loyal QF boy I am!

Anyone else already booked in for Sydney?

Now, I know that there was info on everything MAM scattered in the archived forums, but it would be nice for someone to give us all some fresh and maybe current insight; i.e. rosters, how many flying days on average, conditions and how route/roster allocations work (more intl than dom for certain base? seniority a priority with roster allocation?, etc.).

When I was at the QCCA Recruitment Day in February '08 I heard some horror stories about MAM, re: conditions horrible, etc. but I, and I'm sure others, would appreciate generous individuals enlightening us all on the matter.

I hope serious discussion, encouragement and insight ensues here for all us MAM WANNABEs (MAYBEs for those like me).

Cheers All!!!

P.S. I know there are many veterans out there with a wealth of experience and knowledge regarding Airline Interviews, etc. but I am more than willing to advise or assist anyone's frenetic, mind-consuming questions pertaining to the process for both QF and VB (which would help when applying for MAM I would assume).