PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BWA Unanswered Questions
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2001, 20:33
aztruck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As one of the aforementioned "junior leeches" I suppose I'm in a good position to tell you what I THINK went on, and then you can rubbish me and accuse me of whatever you wish.
BWA had invested in 737's with no clear idea of how it was going to control its cost structure and also suffered from a paralysis within operational management about how to proceeed.
The Company nearly sank until a rescue package was put together which involved recruiting people with more appropriate expertise and the courage to make bold decisions.
Enter the 757, which flew its socks off from the moment it entered service, and which was on the verge of spawning numerous other contracts had the airline been able to keep trading.
The business plan of becoming a TRTO on the 75 and 73 was sound up till Sept 11, but no costs were incurred which significantly affected the airline one way or another as far as I can tell.
The 800 grand Eurocontrol bill sank the ship, which was already floundering because of historic debt and nil business for the 737 fleet.
Oh yes, and if you're going to insult me,or my colleagues I'd prefer you had the balls to do it to my face.