PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Time Limits - Illegal Practices
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2008, 16:25
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds Italian to me. Been there, done that.

Now let's cut all the horse manure and start thinking like people (human beings) and stop all this silly nonsense of trying to justify it by grey rules. FTL's are just that. FLIGHT Duty limits. Overall duty limits are to be used to avoid fatigue by combining Flight and ground duties. They are limits.

However, back to the human animal case. Assuming waking up at least 3 hours before report for flight to A,B,C. 1 hour turn round; flight back; collect belongings; try to remember where you've parked your car; collect car and then drive 1 hour home = >30 hours no sleep. No employer, or anyone else is going to tell me not have any sleep in a proper bed for 30 hours. I have refused such rosters in 3 different airlines. I admit, it helps being a captain. Only one time did I agree, based on a double business class seat being available and 3 days off on return. Didn't get asked again.

For god's sake gentlemen, stand up for yourselves as professional non-robotic human beings who need respecting. It is this kind of dubious rostering and acceptance of the same that has driven to quality of life down to what it is. Just try to think of any of your friends in another industry where their boss who even dream about asking them to work such a period. I know my friends thought I was nuts for doing what we were legally allowed to do by FTL's. Going to these extremes is absurd.

As I said, difficult as an F/O. What's the captain doing on this roster?