PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: QANTAS/ALAEA EBA
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2008, 03:41
shaftedagain!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Big Picture

Brothers,
Firstly, I'd like to congratulate our Executive on the fantastic job they've done so far, okay we had a hiccup with the first round of PIA but hopefully lessons have been learnt.
Secondly, I'd like everyone to think about just what you want from this EBA. Sure, I'd love a straight 5% basic increase (which is certainly no more that we deserve) but with GD worried about the flow on effect to other Unions (a possible $360 million wages blow-out) I'm pretty sure the Company will go as far as it can to ensure this goal is not achieved. This is why I believe we need to be flexible in how we achieve a fair outcome, maybe 3% plus a Level for everyone, the lifting of quota's, 1% Super for all, LAME's start at Level 4 etc Remember this dispute is not about crushing the LAME's, it's about keeping a 3% wage cap on all non-managerial QF staff.
Lastly, I'd like to remind us all to read the ALAEA Notices carefully (and read between the lines where necessary), this PIA O/T ban may well be the precursor to wider action but I think it's pretty obvious that we should all only be carrying out the required duties of a LAME and any goodwill shown towards the Company will just prolong the dispute. Think long and hard before you step into the breach by carrying out Higher Duties and Secondments, we're all in this together, support each other, support the ALAEA Executive and carry out your job to the best of your ability.
Remember there's more than one way to skin a cat (in this case a very fat cat!)
SA