PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: QANTAS/ALAEA EBA
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2008, 13:26
Take five

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
5% For All And Nothing Less

5% FOR EVERYONE AND NOTHING LESS, THIS IS WHAT 81% VOTED FOR S.P.

Pardon my cynicism, but here are my thoughts on the battle so far.

I TRULY BELIEVE THAT QF PLANS TO OUTSOURCE ENGINEERING TOTALLY.

This is what A380 meant with his threat about length of tenure (your rights not to have your job terminated by the company)

We are just bringing this matter to a head, a little before QF could have a seamless transition to overseas MRO's.

Reasons – Cost savings now, no super, no employee benefits, cheap overseas market for checks at the moment, but wait till QF have no infrastructure at all to fall back on and then see how the contract price rises. No foresight and what do they care about the future, the current management won’t be there.

Just look at the plans and decisions so far.

* Get rid of engine overhaul. Why do we now only produce one D4 a year out of SYD engine line and why are all the 737 engines coming out of down south, derated

* Get rid of Major Maintenance and D checks, after assuring us that this would never happen. The ageing aircraft are just not being maintained on overseas checks to the same standards as they used to be in Oz.

* Stop licence training. Just pretend to the shareholders that training still exists. This is coming back to bite them now with lack of A330 coverage

* Cut the workforce back to where it is unsustainable. Why do you think the overtime bans are affecting them so much.

*Don’t spend money on the resources needed to get the job done. Substandard tooling and equipment

* Make the PPM so awkward that everything becomes unworkable, wingwalkers etc, just to cover their arses and attract more bonuses for no LTI’s. It’s nice to work safely but it has become ridiculous and absurd.

* Get rid of other operator contracts as quickly as possible thereby incurring no penalties when you outsource. Thus allowing new companies to start up and take over our traditional business and profit.

* Split the troops up, and keep them competing and bickering with each other and so pissed off with the whole system that they will be willing to leave and not regret it.

*Get everyone on AWA’s and if that is not possible, cut their wages by stealth.
If QF could have stuck us with AWA’s after the election,and after the Libs got back in, they thought they would have had a cheap workforce.

I am sure that they are starting to realise that there is a global market for our abilities after their scab hunting episodes of late, with very few takers.

Yesterday.

JAL needed parking space at Base to change some wing to body fairings on their AOG broken aircraft.
Several parking spots available but, oh no, you can’t have one. We’ll move you out to the boonies at bay 92, where there are no stands or equipment etc.
I believe that the JAL rep was horrified and so were the engineers involved.
I thought that there was meant to be an IATA support clause for AOG aircraft support in other countries.
I’m sure if one of our planes broke in Japan they would support us with the dignity and respect which we used to command, and offer us every assistance possible.
I believe it was very embarrassing for everyone present.
The protests will probably never reach our CEO, the Japanese are too polite ( But they do talk to each other and have very good memories.)

One more instance of a management who are totally out of touch with our company and our reputation.

GD has stated that he is not concerned with his staff and our customers, but only with shareholders and their shares, of which he has 2,500,000.

No wonder he is only concerned with shareholders.

Is that self interest or what?

Last edited by Take five; 28th Jun 2008 at 08:34.