PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - It's official.Flight training to be HECS as of may 08
Old 15th May 2008, 11:58
flog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From the DEEWR Website confirming all this...

http://www.dest.gov.au/sectors/train...lp/default.htm

I think I called it DEWA earlier - it's DEEWR (Dept. Education, Employment and Workplace Relations), used to be DEST (Dept. Education, Science and Training)

Anyway - below in summary from the Govt. site.

-----
VET FEE-HELP is an extension of the Higher Education’s income contingent loan scheme, FEE-HELP. The VET FEE-HELP loan scheme is being introduced to the Vocational Education and Training (VET) sector.

Introduction

VET FEE-HELP is an income contingent loan scheme for the Vocational Education and Training (VET) sector that is part of the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP). It is an extension of the higher education loan scheme FEE-HELP arrangements.
VET FEE-HELP is being introduced to the VET sector in 2008. Over the next four years, it is expected that around $261 million in loans will be issued.
VET FEE-HELP will assist eligible full fee-paying students who are enrolled in one of the following VET accredited courses through a VET provider (an RTO approved to offer VET FEE-HELP to its students) to pay for all or part of their tuition fees:
  • Diploma*
  • Advanced Diploma*
  • Graduate Certificate
  • Graduate Diploma
* with a credit towards a higher education award
Legislative amendments to the Higher Education Support Act 2003 (HESA) received Royal Assent on 20 March 2008. These amendments allow for the legislative guidelines for VET FEE-HELP to be approved. The legislative guidelines will be registered on the Federal Register of Legislative Instruments (FRLI) before being approved by Parliament. VET FEE-HELP is expected to become available during the second half of 2008.