PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Incap at 80/100 - what to do?
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2008, 16:41
ssg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hmmmmm

Without getting into a discussion of balanced field...accelerate stop, ect ect..

Let me ask you guys a very simple question so there is no confusion.

If a plane accelerates to V1, and pilot decides to abort, pilot needs to have enough runway to stop the aircraft,(right?) or should he decide to go, and lose an engine right at V1, the plane should acelerate to VR and climb on one engine, (or half the engines) (right?)and clear all obsticles along the initial route or land back at the starting airport.(right?)

There is no excuse for a plane to not have enough runway after a V1 abort to stop, or why the plane shouldn't climb out, engine out, and climb on course. The numbers are verified.there is no fudge factor here. If you put in the CORRECT weight for the aircraft, the CORRECT temp, ect, then you should have the right numbers and be assured that which ever way you go...abort or climb, the aircraft won't crash.

Can we agree on this much?

So if you guys are trying to convince me that an airliner that burns up 90% of runway to rotate, would have had enough runway at V1 to safely stop the aircraft...your totaly full of boloney. It's just that simple.

Why the FAA doesn't deal with this is a chronic problem is probably why they didn't deal with SouthWest. All they have to do is go sit at the airport with a cup of coffee, watch airplanes take off, and take down some N numbers.

737jock...BS numbers means you put in 100,000 lbs instead of 120,000 lbs to make balanced field...you put in 75 degrees instead of 96...to make balanced field, you put everyone at 170 lbs, instead of 250 because your carrying the Dallas Cowboys that day...I know it's a pain to take reduced fuel, fly higher, back off on the power..so lazy pilots don't do it...pros do.

Given your numbers...if you have V1 at 60% on a ten thousand foot field, and accelerated 3000 more thousand feet to 90% (9000 feet) to VR...so you rotate with only 1000 feet left. Uh huh. So if you blow a tire, lose and engine at 8000 ft, you won't accelerate to VR without hitting the fence, and you won't climb...you just killed everyone on board. Who got schooled that day? The passengers...

Then V1 to VR is 3000 feet?...your kidding right? Are you out of Machu Pichu, with one engine and flat tires?

737jock.....feel free to post your balanced field numbers right here and try to explain how you have legal safe numbers rotatiing with a thousand feet left in your airliner..we are all ears...

The fact is you won't...and futhermore you won't be able to come up with VR runway lengths...feel free to ask me how I know this.

Back to the thread....737jock, just passed out at the 100kt callout...the FO looks over...737jock is out cold, FO look forward and sees 1000 feet of runway ahead...yeah, he's going...and let's hope Jesus is there to make sure that the FO doesn't have a blown tire or engine problem..