PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mass exodus at easyJet LGW?
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2008, 13:35
G-TTIC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It seems like it is just the opposite here in MAD. Out of the 100 F/A's here, I am only aware of 3 leaving over the past 12 months. And our conditions are not even that good, as we are on Spanish contracts.
But if we compare easyJet to other airlines with bases in Spain, EZY wins by far.....the best people, a good low-cost product, new planes, a very respectful employer. I really love working for easyJet in Madrid, and if it stays like that I can see myself here forever.
I was sent to LGW for a week last december and I didn't like what I saw : F/A's stealing from the bars (with the excuse that Gate Gourmet hadn't paid our commissions yet so they were just repaying themselves from the Kiosk), and a generally lax approach to SOP's and poor customer service. Maybe I was just unlucky but I hope they won't send me to LGW anymore. I too would quit if I had to work like that.
I've had the pleasure of working out of MAD a few times and it's definitely a great base. While I was there I saw some poor customer service, SOPs not being followed correctly and items being taken from the bar. It happens in every base.

LGW is a good base, but the problem is that it's really quite big now and this makes it very difficult for the management to be as visible as they once were. Many new crew don't even know who the ACCMs sending them emails are. And if any of them have spotted the elusive MB then they're truly privileged.

Gatwick has long had a reputation as an iron fist base in some respects, but every base has its good crew, its not-so-good crew and its own little way of doing things. And then within Gatwick, the main fleet and the subfleet have different ways of doing things too.

If you see poor performance from your colleagues, bring it up casually and if you can't resolve it yourself then escalate it.