PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What would you do?
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2008, 12:12
topendtorque

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Especially since from a personal perspective, being at near 300 hours TT I'm pretty well smack bang in the 'killing zone'.
No you're not, it may be surprising to you, and others, that in the rotary world the worst area is 900 to 1200 hours. I.E. at the area that you have learnt to manipulate the aircraft very well, and, think that at the same time you are Gods gift to the rotary industry.

The fixed wing industry talk about the Three hundred hour threshold as something akin the bridal threshold, but, if you have a head on you at all, you should be juuuuust starting to think - now -- what is it that I don't know about the mothers'? At about two thousand hours you should be starting to think,- now -- I think I know what it is that I have to learn.

That is of course if you are lucky enough to be in an area of the industry where you are constantly being challenged by ALL of the problems of low level manipulative peril.

If of course you are in an area where you simply fly in straight lines, then you may blissfully sail on blissfully unaware of statistics or their breeding ground, blissfully protected by the modern engineering that we all skite about, you know engines that go forever, etc.

Which brings me back to the original rhetorical, of course there are statistics, more statistics and at the end - damm lies.

Obviously the first answer to Sasless' question is that the saftey office missed his calling and knows nothing about rotary pilots.

As we all know, or should do, of course there IS going to be an accident soon, as we are rheumy eyed introverts by nature and become more disposessed of the idea of 'no pain' by the longer the accident of history has failed to record an accident.

The real answer to the d***head is --, we know that, now f*** off and if we have one tomorrow then we will blame you. By the way is your third party liability up to date.