PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: QANTAS/ALAEA EBA
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2008, 09:34
Bolty McBolt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is good that you are so self assured, i wonder what the posts will be like when that big left of field wham hits....and it will....
LAMEA380 for a troll you don't get it do you.

If QF have a plan to lock us out or sack us all and start up a new engineering company to hire us back under a different award etc. So be it.
What ever your left feild "wham" is!! (wham were a gay band in the 80s, You probably have all their albums.)
I digress. If the above is to happen to the LAMES during this dispute. The dispute will not be the cause of it but a catalyst as it will have been a plan for our future. If the WHAM comes as you say. At least the LAMEs will be able to dictate the terms for our future as the companies hand will be forced, unlike the closing of Heavy maintenance in Sydney which was a slow and painful process akin to death of a 1000 cuts.

BUT I personally do not believe this is what will happen. I am sure selling off ACS is a "wet dream" of the board and will or has been looked at. BUT with the clowns in charge of ACS I can not see not one with the skill or the working knowledge of the ACS work force to make the transition happen and work.
The impostors masquerading as managers on the 3rd floor may have the arrogance or the temerity to talk about it but all should have stayed in their previous vocations where their lack of ability would not be so quickly measured and found wanting.

PIA. What ever happens I am in for the long ride, as we are first union within the company to have a go, and both sides are in unchartered waters so I see rocky times at first then common sense prevailing for if this causes long term disruption to the operation of the company there will be will be losses on both sides. Managers will also have to held accountable for mess and a few put to the sword to appease the gods.
Next union to have a go at PIA, I suspect the company will have its ducks in a row, so again this is our chance.

To add
Have just been informed, one of the QF pilot EBAs is due and so is Jet*. If this drags out over a month QF IR could be fighting on 3 fronts. Do they have recourses to do it?

As someone posted. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired