PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EDINBURGH
Thread: EDINBURGH
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2008, 23:58
GoEDI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd be interested to hear opinions from any pilots / airline ops staff whose airlines currently (or potentially might) fly long haul from EDI as to whether the runway length / international terminal facilities / stand size & availablity are impeding long-haul growth at EDI.
I think this recent quote from Emirates with regards to their Scottish operations and the possibility of switching ops to EDI and if they view it as a suitable alternative to GLA answers your query well.

"Emirates does not envisage any problems with switching flights so far as slot utilisation is concerned. However, Emirates would have concerns about the airport's terminal capacity to handle international wide-body aircraft."

http://www.competition-commission.or...ing_papers.htm

BAA have always said they will provide the facilities only when required (how very pro-active of them ), but if EK think this I wonder how many other airlines are getting put off by it, QR had A332 slots for this summer which never developed, maybe the fact that they'd have to bus their inbound pax everyday put them off....