PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mass exodus at easyJet LGW?
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2008, 23:24
girtbar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All these crew who are leaving to join BA at LHR would it be for the temp Long Haul contract?

Things up north in EDI and GLA are seemingly just as down in the dumps as everyone else. The crew give and give and give but that doesnt seem to be enough with talk of the small base review/closures we feel that we have nothing more to give the company. Its been hugely soul destroying watching our once great domestic network (rumored to be the cash cow routes for the company) desimated. We drew many pax from the rival BMI and BA routes, load factors of over 100% on first wave departures. Now we have a hap-hazzard flight times to london, EU routes have taken the prime interest it seems and our domestic flights are leaving with loads as low as 30 pax.

All of our hard work to win these pax over to EasyJet has been wiped out in little over 2 months. There has been little adjustment to some of the flights but too little too late. Its almost like the company want the routes to fail so they can pull out of them.

I seriously hope the company don't under estimate the crew any more than they do, as something is going to give shortly. We are among the best assets this company has. In the days gone by that seemed to be remembered. Now we are taken for granted almost with contempt.

We have the politician AH at our helm telling us what we want to hear but he's nothing more than a wolf dressed in sheeps clothing. Im extremely fed up of the them and us attitude in this company. If Cor wants rid of crew food then i will agree to it on one condition. You lot in La La Land get rid of your canteen, breaks, tables and chairs (so you can stand to eat), have nothing more than a vending machine and a tiny oven to make your food (remembering not to bring in more than 100mls of sauce). Try and eat your meal standing up, next to the toilet all while you have 5min break during a service. Secondly you go empty the toilet and office bins just like we have to onboard. Clean your office and desks yourself to save a fortune on cleaning costs, give up your cash bonuses to be given shares, but only if your here in 3 years of course and finally give up your right to a decent holiday in the summer. If i cant get my so called 9 days of leave in summer then why the hell can you lot????

All of the issues that have made life hellish could be fixed. But they dont need another manager, and bonus to fix it!!

OOOOhhhh thats got some steam released!!!