PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Euromanx- 2
Thread: Euromanx- 2
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2008, 21:05
The Little Prince

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Well said Boris!
Manx Airlines were constantly criticised on price for the twelve years I was on the Island. I don't believe there were many social functions I attended where the fare structure was not berated, but the operation itself at least performed, and this was acknowledged - probably now more than ever!They (WE) were a professional and committed operation, which performed to a very high standard and by cross subsidising the routes, provided a real service to the Island. BA disrupted many many more lives than their erstwhile successor by their attempt at taking over, and it would be a brave man looking through distorted, (not rose tinted) specs who suggested many Manx residents would not rather have them back than use the various showers and pale imitations currently (sometimes) providing a ride in an aeroplane. I still believe that had the Manx Govt of the time not been so committed to Open Skies, and instead supported a high quality local product, then Regional Aviation across the UK and Europe would be much better than the Flybe product.
As for the aircraft being "shot" - ridiculous! The engineering support was second to none, the aeoplanes were the cleanest and best maintained I think I've ever flown, and although these Flybe Dash-8s are new, they are a horrid aeroplane to fly and to travel in. Nothing close to Sovereign Service!
Wish I could turn the clock back.