PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dress Code
Thread: Dress Code
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2008, 18:06
bajadj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wingo I am a modular student and I finish on thursday so there isn't a great deal of point in complaining now. Although when we have complained about things, in general the management have listened and in some cases sorted it out. A case in point is that 8 of our course were told that they would have to sit their exams in gatwick as there was no room at oxford. Obviously we whinged about it and to be fair, it has been sorted out. The problem is though, why was it only modular students getting bumped in the first place?? If mods and ints are treated the same in groundschool (which they still trot out on the first day) then why was it not 4 mods and 4 ints in the first place??

I actually feel for the management on the instruction side of it as a lot of the problems aren't really their fault..It's the pure greed of putting on too many courses with too many students which stretches the resources to breaking point. From what I've heard it's even worse on the flying side of things in AZ which is why i wouldn't touch waypoint with a bargepole.

The sad thing is that the integrated students are so reliant on their "school report" to get recommended for interview that they are scared to speak out against the company line for fear of it scuppering their chances after spending 62k so it's up to modulars to tell it like it is.

It's up to every individual to make up their own mind about which FTO to train at, and I say again for those who think i have some kind of vendetta against OAA, the groundschool instructors are on the whole very good. I think I mention before that only 2 of my instrustors i considerred to be poor (one of which is complained about by just about every course so why the hell he is still there is a mystery to me).

Anyway, it's almost over for me but for whose who haven't chosen this is just one of many views to be taken into account. Some people loved the place, I'm not one of them.