PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tiger Airways OTP
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2008, 13:43
ozangel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I feel for the contractors, as they often get a bit of a bad wrap. Having worked at a few airlines in the cabin (and dealing first hand with these guys), GENERALLY they are more concerned about getting the job done than you'll ever find in the main ports with employees of the airline. The main ports is where I have found most delays occur - am yet to be delayed by a ground crew stuff up with contractors. My only exceptions would perhaps be OOL and BME, who (through no fault of the front liners) have been overloaded with contracts requiring multiple uniform changes and proficiency on multiple airline procedures and systems - inevitably having a degree of effect on the end result (safety/otp/service)...

Without a doubt however, the regional ports almost always greet you with excitement, and could only be better if they had time to invite you in for a scone and a cuppa.

As for tiger getting 80%, good on them. With a small fleet, and high utilisation, they must be doing something right! 80% by comparison is something to be proud of. (from someone happily working for a competitor!)