PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - Crew Discussions II
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2008, 08:07
csjets

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Travel Benefits, Schedule at Emirates

I am new to PPRuNe, and was told this was the best place to get info in regards to questions I have been asking lately. I am an Airbus pilot at a major airline, but because of a merger and another in the wings, and my relative low senority number, I am looking into leaving my current company.

I know that all flight crew is based in Dubai. I want to know how difficult it would be for me to travel to Thailand(BKK) on my days off? Why is it that the company does not condone traveling on your days off? Do they call you to fly on your days off? I saw that you must notify Manager of Flight Opps that you will be traveling on your days off and the address and phone number where you will be? WHY? Do they tell you that you can not leave sometime?

What are the travel benefits like?
1) Can you jumpseat on other carriers, or your own airline?
2) Do you get ZED fares or ID 90's to fly on other carriers?
3) How difficult is it to travel on Emirates utilizing your benefites?
4) Do you have to have an available seat in the back, or can you use the cockpit or crew room jumpseat to travel?
5) How long do you have to fly for the company before you get unlimited travel benefits to travel on your off days?

As for the schedule; I saw that you get a minimum 8 days off a month.
1) What is a normal schedule like?
2) How many days off do you average a month?
3) Can you drop or trade trips after youare awarded a schedule and how difficult is it to do this if you can?
4) What is the greatest amount of days you can have off in a row?
5) Is it true that the 42 days they say you get off a year includes the 15 days of sick time?

In general, tell me how much life is better or worse for living in UAE as opposed to living in your home country.

Thank you for your time and answers to my questions.