PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: QANTAS/ALAEA EBA
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2008, 03:21
Mr Invisible

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm shocked to hear men would give up the stability of long term or for that matter short term employment for a 'Gun for Hire' arrangement. What about their families and their future ?

I'm more concerned about what will happen on the tarmac if the scabs do arrive, it seems that many of my fellow LAMEs feel that physical violence is more than acceptable when someone is trying to steal your livelihood.

This I do not condone but certainly understand the emotion, I do feel very angry and whether on my days on or off I will be willing to help identify and mark these individuals so we can publicly OUT them.
If any exec or reps post here please PM me so I can do my bit as my alias implies I'm very good at hiding in a crowd.

Is there a chance we can keep an eye on the incoming Malaysian flights so as to possibly eyeball any potential strikebreakers ?

What disturbs me most of is that since the ALAEA put the stop on 457 visas used to break an industrial dispute the company has gone out of it's way to hire ex pats, these Ba$t@rds are AUSTRALIANS come to scab, is this not a most UNAUSTRALIAN act ?

I feel ill..................................