PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dress Code
Thread: Dress Code
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2008, 21:36
bajadj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rhodes13 don't hold back now!!!

I actually agree with most of what Rhodes said. I'm starting my final week of groundschool tomorrow and i can't wait to get out of here. Rhodes is absolutely spot on about the glaring double standards between integrated and modular. OAA will swear until they are blue in the face that CBR and APP courses are treated the same in groundschool..THEY AREN'T. It astounds me that OAA won't admit it. Actually a good example is uniform, you will see mods with bits of uniform missing as the stuff that they have orderred was given to an integrated student.

As for the instruction, in fairness i thought it was pretty good. Some of the instructors are absolutely brilliant. I found two, however to be very very poor. 1 in each phase. This is two too many. Also Rhodes13 is right, some of the instructors do witter on about military crap far too much, do they not realised that if i wanted to hear about the military i would have bloody joined the military!!

Also EVERY single OAA student I know uses the bristol database for JAA exam prep and not oxcel, that should tell you something. If i had my time over i would have done bristol distance learning or somewhere less like a boarding school.