PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PC/FTC Flying Pay to be considered for pension?
Old 11th May 2008, 17:46
LFFC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leon,

I too have heard the story. The new plan might well solve the problem in the future, but it does nothing to solve the huge problem that exists now!

Its not as if it wasn't predictable; there were rumblings about it here on Pprune about 3 years ago, but as usual, the wheels did nothing about it (I suspect that they didn't understand or even care). I've watched some really excellent up-and-coming senior officers leave over the last few years because they see their promotion efforts unrewarded when compared to PAS aircrew; quite justifiably, they get frustrated, feel undervalued and aim their careers elsewhere.

I suspect that the proposed new system you've heard about is designed to solve that long-term problem, but I bet you any money you like that it will not be retrospective (like pensionable flying pay was for spec aircrew moving to PAS). If it isn't, then a lot of people will be even more pi**ed off, and in the short-term, the problem will get even bigger!