PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PC/FTC Flying Pay to be considered for pension?
Old 11th May 2008, 16:23
Lima Juliet

Received 80 Likes on 32 Posts
I too have heard of PAS 2009 from 2 seperate, but in the know, sources. I understand that it has been approved at a lower level and is awaiting higher level approval. From what I could gather it has both Career Stream (CS) and Profesionnal Aviator Spine (PAS) on the same pay-levels until Wg Cdr (forgot to ask whether that is inclusive, although PAS pension and Wg Cdr pension are about the same).

The driver is that the current system is @rse. You can stay a Flt Lt/Sqn Ldr PAS and get somewhere between a Wg Cdr's and Gp Capt's pension (depending on your flying branch) or take promotion and then stay a Sqn Ldr or even a Wg Cdr on the CS and get a lower pension. I understand that some succesful candidates on the Sqn Ldr and Wg Cdr promotion boards have been turning down promotion because of this ridiculous scheme.

If the scheme is accepted it could be in for Jan 2009 (hence the name PAS 2009).

PLEASE BEWARE THAT THIS WAS TAKEN FROM A COUPLE OF CONVERSATIONS OVER A MUG OF COFFEE - this is the Prof Pilots' RUMOUR Network after all! So don't take the above info as what will happen.

Finger's X'd

LJ