PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: QANTAS/ALAEA EBA
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2008, 10:54
The Black Panther

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not being a big rugby league follower I was surprised by the wonderful words that many a tough league player said about Jack Gibson. He sounded like a 'beautiful human being' that was concerned about the lives of his players beyond the football field. In my journey I have been fortunate to encounter a couple of people with similar a attitude to life. They give more than they can afford to other people they encounter.

Conversely in life, there is always balance and GD fits the bill. His greed evidenced by the package he sits on, the timing of his share option exercises, the failed commission tax advantages he was too happy to expect during the failed sellout (sometimes called a bribe). His parasitic effect of the ground dwellers (employees) of his company. Openly stating he cares little for employees or customers, the shareholder only matters. Causing pain in the men and women ex-SHM and now without doubt he will be once again causing more stress in the lives of families who's bread winner seeks a pay rise comparable to the inflation rate. You wonder where GD would stop if given open slather on 457 visa's or a bottomless wage floor. This remora would bloat up like a tic on profits extracted from the wages budget if given the opportunity.

I doubt we will win this argument about wages policy but the day workers give up fighting for a share of the wealth of businesses is the day we may as well give away our democratic rights to free speech.

It is beyond my understanding that a $22billion dollar revenue company has such a technically dynamic wages policy that adapts to future economic environment that is no more than a fixed 3% yep that's it 3%. Regardless of cash rates, oil prices, local inflation, exchanges rates, forward bookings, skills shortages, aircraft capacity, guess what it's 3% forever. I wish I worked in corporate finance dept.....at wages policy desk.

What you doing Panther? .....
Oh just working on next years wages policy...