PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Criminal record at EK
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2008, 14:15
forum newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you everyone for the reply and the kind words.

I did not think of it much until she mentioned it to me after we got back from the interview. I would hate to pack and move across the world only to realize that i did not pass the background check. In America, there is not a possibility to expunge records. I have tried with my wife's help and testimony but it has been denied by the courts even though i have showed good behaviour and the fact i have been with my wife for so long. My next step is to get it expunged by the governor and that looks more promising.

I have chosen to not accept the job for simple reasons. I know that i will always fly for a regional and never get the chance to fly international heavy jets but the deal breaker was that no dogs were allowed in the housing. My dog is part of the family and it will kill the children to be seperated from the pet that has been with them since birth. I know that it is a small issue but i was on the fence the whole time with international flying and job security on one side and inflation/ pay/ work rules on the other.

My happiness is based on my family's happiness.

If I was single, i would have taken the offer but as you now know...i screwed that up a long time ago.

I wish everyone the best and i hope you get the raise and workrules you deserve.

fb