PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rogues Gallery
Thread: Rogues Gallery
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2008, 07:56
airman1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was just thinking about this the other day I try to forget all about it and haven’t told to many people.

When I was working out west a couple of years ago (my first job SE Charter). This is no lie....... I use to transfer prostitutes from one base to another. I believe the knock shop owner had a few premises in each popular mining towns!! Anyway to cut to the chase it was all VFR flying and I had 4 good-looking women on board when the weather closed in!! I set it down in a nice looking paddock to wait it out, it took about 4 hours to clear. With no mobile reception and no way to contact base the boss naturally started to get worried. So I arrived at my destination only to find every man and his dog is out looking for me. I get out of the plane with no tie and shirt buttons undone this is only because it was extremely hot and humid waiting it out on the ground. You can probably start to form a bit of a mental picture of what everyone was thinking at the time

Well did the boss get a bit irate or what didn’t even want to know what had happened. I ended up cleaning our entire fleet for 2 weeks, sweep the hangar floor, cleaned the toilets and didn’t get to fly for 9 weeks. He wouldn’t even let me taxi any aircraft to the other side of the airfield for matantence.

Now I did try and call base before I set it down on both the HF and VHF but no answer. Yes it was my decision to conduct the flight in the first place but was under pressure to get them there (always the way with charter I know!!). Never did find out whether I was put to work on the ground because was supposedly up to no good in the bush with 4 good looking women or whether it was my poor decision to go in the first place.

I have always had great respect for the weather after this little incident!