PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mega Merged: Latest Rex Media Releases re:Routes & the Pilot Shortage
Old 10th May 2008, 03:06
Capt Wally

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oh to see my work colleges slowly withering away.

Rex & all the others are like wilting flowers, their dieing 'cause the 'earth' they live in is now rotten with greed!
Can I offer an answer? No & neither can anyone else in here, but.....

Why do we fly? For one simple reason, WE LOVE IT! There wouldn't be another industry out there I reckon where they would put up with the anguish, the such low morale, the cost of just getting there & to have to then fight for every inch just to stay above the bread line, why do we do it? WE LOVE IT.
Love is the only thing that keeps this insane sprial dive world of ours we live in tollerable.
ALL the contributors here have one thing in common, their genuinely concerned what's going on around us, good or bad. Wouldn't it be nice if we could all simply down tools, take one step back & just say, enough is enough, as much as I love flying it's killing me (& my family) to see my fellow aviators tearing each others throats apart here.
Then again we are meant to be educated & smarter than the dumb animals that also walk the earth along side us, but are we?
Deep I know & somewhat off track I know but it hurts to see my colleges paying so much for something that feels so good to do, FLY
No need to tear this post apart, there's many others here in PPRUNE that contribute to that

CW

CW