PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Criminal record at EK
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2008, 16:42
forum newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Criminal record at EK

So here is my scenario....

About 18 years ago, i met my wife in high school and she got pregnant. I am pretty dumb for my age and she was an overachiever. We are approximately 3 years apart and i was over 18 and she was under 18. It is a felony in the state that i live in and thus i have a record. I know that i did commit a crime and never made any excuses for my lack of good judgement. I have paid my debts to society and in no way do i ever try lying about it. There is no other way to explain it but i should have been more careful when i was young. I have a beautiful daughter and do not really regret the fact i am happily married to a beautiful woman which means the world to me. My family means everything to me.

I recently went to the interview and had a wonderful time. My wife loved dubai but we have some serious issues regarding inflation, the ULR issues, and some issues regarding pay and work rules. (different thread)

My question is...if offered the job, would i have problems with the resident visa? I forgot to mention that i currently fly for a regional airline in the states and previously worked for a major. I explained my situation to ALL my previous employers and have been honest to everyone. I have no problem passing the SIDA background check and have been a model citizen since.

Lastly, i know that i am wrong so please be kind.

Last edited by forum newbie; 9th May 2008 at 16:53. Reason: grammer