PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - teachers getting richer
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2008, 06:03
Old Fella

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Teachers, Toolmakers, Degree etc

Driscoll, I fail to see why my attitude has led to the standard of teacher we have today, (your words). My concern is solely that teachers, via their actions, seem to believe that they are to be held in higher esteem than many others who study just as hard and continue to learn throughout their career to keep apace with change. I use toolmakers as an example because both my son and grandson are in that trade. As for the comment of Buster Hyman, very funny if it was not so inane. Like many others, Buster probably thinks Toolmakers make screwdrivers and pliers etc. They in fact are highly skilled and I am just pleased I was employed as an aviator rather than in the toolmaking trades. Crank1000 is correct, sadly. We do live in a different world now than when I was a much younger man. School teachers have contributed to the lack of discipline of the younger generations by their approach which in turn has led to a lack of respect for authority. The "do-gooders" of the world may not like it, but a good smack on the hands with a cane or a smack on the rump never caused too much harm, but it sure made one think twice about the consequences of ones actions.