PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 7
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 7
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2008, 20:28
ncleflights

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to pick up on the EK issue yes May/June are quite flat months for them lots of special offers from EK at other UK airports not the same for NCL, read into that what you will. I have colleagues who have just come back from Dubai with EK and actually flew from LGW as the savings for 4 of them flying from London rather than NCL was quite substantial.

On the NY front I am not quite sure what the 3 flights offering from LS is about, done some fare comparisions with CO at other UK airports for the same time LS are offering these flights and they aren't actual very good value for money compared with the US carrier.

Not wanting to open up this whole debate about NY flights again but comments have been made that given the current economic situation we may be further away from a NY link than ever. I am not convinced that this is the case my understanding from colleagues in the US is that the domestic airline situation at the moment is in an horrendous state and airlines are looking for more profitable routes, given the fact that I suspect that a NY link from NCL will be mainly NE folks travelling to the US rather than the other way round and given the high pound to dollar rate (much better than the euro) this may work in our favour. This is just my opinion folks don't all bite my head off at once.