PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 7
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 7
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2008, 18:14
transwede

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are some of us who doubted the success of the potential of long haul intercontinental services from NCL, I think I was one of them at some point but it is nice to see that the route is performing well in terms of passenger numbers and frieght tonnage. The benefits of having a worldwide hub accessible from NCL is obviously being appreciated by both incoming and outbound passengers. Whilst I cannot see EK expanding too much in the near future, it is a possibility most likely in terms of frequency with the current aircraft type. Freight seems to be the most successful part of the operation, from what I hear baggage has been left behind on numerous occasions to accommodate it. Not sure how pax would feel about this?

Jet 2 & NYC

Lets not start of this debate again. If jet2 do have plans I am sure they'll announce it soon enough, but as our resident economic reviewer mentioned earlier I do think we are moving further and further away from a full blown scheduled operation across the pond.

On the charter front it seems that the TOM and MON long hauls are selling well, with the first weeks loads being very high and passengers appear to like the option of a premium charter product too.