PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - teachers getting richer
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2008, 13:26
crank1000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Teaching never used to be a degree

Old Fella,

As the heading states, teaching only became a degree when they shrouded the curriculum in rubbish. Nurses never needed a degree once upon a time and I reckon they still don't need one now. Nor do I think teachers need one. A diploma used to do the trick and thousands of people got a meaningful education and health care under that system. Have a look through the paper. Secretary needed, only tertiary qualified people to apply. A degree for a secretary? What the ! Do they transpose formulae for the weekly planning meeting?

Mr old fella, the time you lived in was much more rational and level headed, unfortunately we will never return there.

PS A young bloke who works part time with me asked what education he needed for a full time position. I told him a pass in english and maths at year 12 was the minimum. He said that he had a High School Certificate. I asked what his results were and he said again that he had the ceritficate. I explained to him that having a piece of paper didn't mean a pass and he told me that it was. I asked him again what result did you get for the 2 subjects. E's he told me with delight. "That isn't a pass" I told him. He became quite agitated and told me I didn't know what I was talking about. "No, your careers advisor is telling you porky pies" I informed him to which he told me to go jump in the lake is the nicest way I can put it.

Don't blame the kids for being thick. The teachers fuel the fire!