PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - First flight with wife and children onboard
Old 20th Nov 2001, 20:02
Southern Cross

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Hi AA

My wife flew with me several times in a C310 down to the south west of France. It was usually very enjoyable if the weather was absolutely perfect (this is a rarity by the way -usually it is pretty good most of the way but less than perfect somewhere along the way). But if the weather was less than perfect, at any stage, then she would get quite stressed out and worried.

I came to realise that we were flying together only because I wanted to - she strongly preferred not to. This was mostly because she was concerned that if "something happened to me", (eg fainted / heart attack etc - no history of anything like this by the way, touch wood) she would be unable to save herself. Fair call IMHO. Also, she is a nervous flyer at the best of times including long haul 747 type stuff. The possibility of doing one of those courses that teaches flying basics over 10 hours to non-flying spouses etc, was not welcomed!

Now I fly my 52. She has never seen it...in fact I bought and sold it over the space of 2 1/2 years, bought a 50, and she has not seen either. The thought of her coming for a flight in the 52 was, needless to say, never going to happen, even straight and level.

Good luck with your trip. But make sure your wife is flyng with you for the right reasons...