PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 5
Thread: MANCHESTER - 5
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2008, 12:57
cheshirerooms

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great to hear a review of the current changes in T1. Sounds a lot better than before.

I travelled through T2 about 2 weeks ago, and found the security procedures to be similar. It was during the morning rush - and still we were through in less than 5 minutes. Everyone we came into contact with was polite and efficient. Couldn't really ask for more? I am sure the changes in T2 will make this even better.

We checked in on a cuss machine upstairs (which I was suprised we could as it was an XLA charter) and proceeded downstairs to drop our bags off. Again - this was done very quickly.

We actually spent more time waiting to get served in the cafe than we did for either check in or security!

Overall - the Manchester airport experience was excellent. I hadn't used the place in ages - as I usually fly for peanuts from LPL....

The only thing I could moan about - so I will! - was the broken down escalators and walkways - all the way from T2 to the platform level at the station. This surely is a simple thing to fix! Its not as if they can't have had complaints..... They have been like this for years!