PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 5
Thread: MANCHESTER - 5
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2008, 11:50
brian_dromey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I passed through T1 departures last weekend. This is a great facility. Loads of room for queues to form, although none did while I was there despite only 3 of the 12 lanes being open. I was through in less than 2 minutes, it was an absolute pleasure.
The new duty-free shop is very impressive too, its massive, well stocked and well desgned, although if you were in a rush to get to a far flung gate it might be a pain. This is the reality of airports in this day and age, at least the space is pleasant and funky to pass though. The food court is impressive too. Im a bit miffed as to weither WHSmith needs 3 airside retail outlets or not though....perhaps the area with the small shop and the former Alpha retail area will be removed so we can see out the windows again and there may be some seating areas!

People bitch and moan about "shopping centers with departure gates" but then they also moan at airports like CDG t1 and the likes of HHN, etc where they are in "cattle sheds with planes, WE HAD NOTHING TO DO"

Well done MAG, T1 will look sensational when complete.

Brian.