PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mega Merged: Latest Rex Media Releases re:Routes & the Pilot Shortage
Old 7th May 2008, 09:18
captainstoobing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ACMS -What I was "on about" were those pilots from Australia who are getting knocked back or not even the courtesy of a reply. I certainly did not mean pilots from overseas . An apparent mis-understanding.
Nor do I agree with 'outsourcing' to other countries ie DECs.

The reference to 'cheaperer training' was referring to the cost of training a pilot with more than a thousand hrs compared to a cadet. Surely it stands to reason that these types of pilots with experience would be checked and flying the SAAB 340s quicker and bolster the ranks of very junior pilots??

Plenty of people on these forums who are Australian pilots have said the same thing, not even a reply and are left wondering "if there really is a shortage".

Simply case is the people in recruitment/HR know that they don't have to reply, that they can leave phones off the hook, because they don't give a rats... they know that if I spit the dummy and withdraw my application, someone else will take my place.