PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mega Merged: Latest Rex Media Releases re:Routes & the Pilot Shortage
Old 7th May 2008, 08:18
captainstoobing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unprofessional recruiting

Reading the last couple of posts and many others re experienced pilots not being contacted by Rex, is truly idiotic. Other than the obvious reasons, the people in recruitment are not the most efficient nor professional.
It is common courtesy (as I have experience in recruiting for an emergency service) to be contactable, approachable and provide feedback - no matter how busy you are. 1700 cadet applications are nothing when you consider ambulance and fire receive upwards of 4000 and manage to do it all in a timely manner.
Inefficiency is letting willing and experienced pilots fall by the wayside.

I am applying for the cadet program and can't even find out if they have read my application!!!
A friend of mine rang asking about the program and was abruptly told "if you apply now we won't look at your application for at least 5 months"!!!

Are they serious!!

What a joke!!!

Priority should be given to getting the experienced pilots moving into the system as they are cheaper to train and offer a more immediate solution.