PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Centre Line
Thread: Centre Line
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2001, 07:25
Chuck Ellsworth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have control:

Re. your question on Nov. 18. You stated your problem was on touch down, therefore I assume the loss of runway centre line is after touch down during the roll out? With a nose wheel airplane you would of course look down the runway for directional control, providing the nose is not in to high an attitude to block your view straight ahead.

It will make tracking the centre line a lot easier of course if the airplane touches down tracking straight at the moment of touch down, inertia will then assist you in keeping straight whereas if the airplane is not pointed straight it will tend to head in the direction the thing is pointed requiring the use of at least rudder to get it straightened out.

Somehow I got sidetracked on the where to look prior to the flare and during the hold off portion of the landing discussion.

For some reason there is the missconseption among some people that flying airplanes is a some kind of black magic, terribly difficult thing to do.

It's not really difficult unless you make it so. Some flying schools and instructors make it difficult because for them it is.

The most difficult thing about flying is knowing when to say no.