PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ek Airbus upgrades delays
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2008, 16:05
kingoftheslipstream

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ladies 'n Gents,

I've skimmed through this whole thread twice and it is sure lookin' like tough luck for several A332/340 FOs.

I agree with the problems faced by all FOs who have been given indications (promises is too strong a word I reckon) that time to command would be 'round 3 years. Sentiment bein' what it is I looked at the EK Flight Crew portal and tried to make sense of what fleet manglement has scribed there in way of explanation on the career managment link and the Airbus upgrades for '08... it's typical mealy-mouthed EK doublespeak... long on words, short on clarity and there's a dearth of truth.

I have also heard from a reliable source about a sudden injection of DECs on the Airbus fleet which is the real source of the delay to the upgrade training. I jus' passed over the seniority list and I don't see any DECs on the Airbus yet, but they may well be comin'.

I reckon there may be valuable and valid commercial reasons for grabbin' some more DECs... this does make business sense occassionally, even though it hurts loyal competent FOs recruited under the guise of a different path to command. FOs affected by DECs take note: they are all junior to you! Relax. Most of y'all are young enough to absorb a few months more crappy FO pay before y'all get yer commands.

But wouldn't it be nice if manglement just quit playin' ****ty games and told the truth fer a change? Gawd I'm sick of this stupid back steppin', power trippin' bull****tin'. Like an FO I flew with recently said to a perty young gal who was bringin' us a coffee and sat 'n the jumpseat fer a chat: (I do think she liked that young FO!) "You know how to tell when management is lyin'?" (She was young and took the bait "How"
"Their lips are moving!".

BTW, if that young FO played his cards right, I reckon he's become that gal's newest best friend...