PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rogues Gallery
Thread: Rogues Gallery
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2008, 08:48
airman1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2 days ago I had to shut the right engine down in a PA31 due to low oil pressure and extremely high engine temp. I had just left a private airstrip (about 22NM) and was on climb passing 6500 ft when I noticed the problem. Anyway to cut the story short made a single engine approach back to the private airstrip. I then rang the boss and explained what had happened!! He was less then impressed ... He made comments like have you heard of PNR's and EPT's you could have made it back on one engine!!! I was very shocked this is a bloke that prides himself on safety. He then continued to tell me that I was to drop the oil and filter out and check for metal shavings. If there were no shavings I was to fill it up and fly it home. Well I told him the keys are on the seat and I am catching the bus home and hung up on him!!! I organized a ride into town when I got a SMS .... LAME is on his way, there is no need to resign we will have a chat when you get back.

It just goes to show that even the safe operators (well the ones that appear safe) get upset and think of insanely stupid things!!!