PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I am the CPT so you do as i say
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2008, 08:19
JJflyer
ZbV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Captain is not the god or a god.

However what the Captain is responsible for all the crew and their actions onboard the aircraft as well as the safety of the flight. The Captain bears the responsibility for a heavy landing of a first officer, an altitude bust of an first officer. Captain also assumes the responsibility for what go's on in the cabin. Blown slide, people hurt. Who files an ASR and whos details are there in the accident investigation report.

Wether some people like it or not, Captain is in charge and bears the reponsibility. Sometimes being a Captain calls for unpopular desicions. However occasionally these have to be made. I've made em and asked myself many a times, would I have done something differently? A few times in retrospect, yes I could have, but then again a Captain bases decisions on the information available at the time and hindsight, well we all know how easy it is to judge from an armchair.

Again people have bad days and sometimes it is extremely difficult to keep personal feelings in the background.