PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Screening Out The Nutters
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2008, 07:40
Whirlybird

The Original Whirly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
homeguard,

So what would you do if you sent a student on a half-hour solo flight with a nearly full tank of fuel, and he came back after nearly two hours with a low warning fuel light on...and when we dipped the tanks, he must have been practically running on fumes! If when it was pointed out to him, he swore there had been fuel there, but someone must have siphoned it off? If that was only one example of a number of other silly, over-confident, and dangerous things of a similar ilk which he'd done? If you'd mentioned it to the powers that be, who agreed that he was an accident waiting to happen, but figured he'd pass a test and maybe improve...and they can't stop him flying his own helicopter after that?

You can call it arrogance or telling tales if you want...personally I think you listened to nanny a bit too much as a child. I will tell him what I think, in the hope that he'll maybe change his ways. Because if he does die in an aircraft - and I think the odds are too high for comfort - I don't want to think that maybe, just maybe, I could have changed things....if I'd tried. I don't want that on my conscience. Would you? Or maybe you don't have one! Or you're one of these people who can shrug it off since it wouldn't legally be your fault.

Finally, my name is WhirlyBIRD!!!!