PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair on grass in Poland - Taxi incident
Old 6th May 2008, 00:48
Bomber Harris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nickyjsmith, your posting was almost complete rubbish. I think there was a comma in there that made sense!

Firstly it is normal to taxi past runway end lights. When you get a PPL you will know about that. I wish you the best of luck with your PPL.

Secondly the "sand" coloured surface was also a concrete coloured surface. It is common to have concrete runways. It is also common to have tarmac runways and cheaper concrete turning pads at the end. You will see this when you do your first cross country.

Thirdly, you presumed the captain had access to a document you found on the net. Im afraid this is a very very bad assumtion. When you get your first airline job you will find out that you only have access to your company approved part B manual which will be supplemented with notams. In this case neither noted that there was a RESA at the end of the runway which did not have the PCN for a 737. Sorry if i lost you on that because you obviously don't have your PPL but you did choose to post on a PROFFESIONAL PILOTS NETWORK and i don't have the time to explain how an airline works to you.

So hopefully you learned a lesson (as you suggested the captain might) and you will ASK IF IN DOUBT BEFORE YOU POST!!

So after you read annex 14 and know what the **** your talking about please post again!